Proactiv Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen Review

As an acne-magnet creature, I don`t wanna turn these little stuff into dark spots, and considering that I`m under a tretinoin medication, I`m more sensitive to sun., that is why a sunblock is very important in my everyday cycle. While browsing the web for the top sunscreens used by acne prone people, I was captivated by the sunscreen of Proactiv. Proactiv is a well known brand for skin care solution around the world. At first I`m doubting a bit if I`m going to push this another experimentation with my face because it might give me a break up, but I still decided to push because I`ll not be able to figure out how will Proactiv products react on my skin without trying it. So I pushed my grandma who`s in US to get me a tube so that I`ll be able to try it.





I. Packaging
I like the idea that it`s placed in a squeezable plastic tube (just like a tooth paste tube) because it doesnt push the sunscreen to go out compared to a metal tube that my tretinoin uses.

The front part of the tube states what the product is


, and you can find the Drug Facts, such as the Active Ingredients, Uses, Warnings, Application Directions and Inactive Ingredients at the back.


II. Substance
I appreciate that the sunscreen is water-based, meaning, it`s not going to make you as shiny as a star after application. The sunscreen is colored white and it`s not that sticky just like the Nivea SunBlock with Moisturizer that I used after I ran out of sunblock that was given to me by my Dermatologist.


III. My Skin Reaction
Considering that the sunblock is water-based, I`m expecting that it won`t make me shiny after application, but I`m quite wondering why is my skin sparkling a bit after applying the sunblock. But overall, I`m not disappointed because it only shines a bit unlike my previous sunblock from Nivea and I don`t have this heavy feeling after and during application which means that, my skin absorbed the substance easily.

Before Application:

After  Application: 

IV. Sun Protection
I tested how strong this product is by frying myself under the sun awhile ago. My friends are even telling me "Allen! Do cover up, your skin might develop some red bumps again!" , as you all know, my skin is sensitive to the sun because of the Tretinoin that`s why I can`t be exposed to the sun even for 10 seconds because I`m sure that I`ll be facing lots of red bumps after a minute of cooling down.

The sunblock is powered by SPF 30, which is quite lower compared to my Nivea sunblock which is SPF 50. After the experimentation, I`m happy to say that I did not develop any rash or red bumps. :)


V. Item Cost
The Proactiv Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen is worth $ 32.95 per tube ( Php. 1438.10 ). I have no idea how long a tube will last, but I`m sure that it will be more than 2 or 3 months. 
The sunblock from Dermatologist cost Php. 350.00 that will last for exactly 1 Month
So if I`ll be using the Php. 1438.10 to buy a sunblock from my Dermatologist, I`ll be able to obtain 4 sunblocks good for  4 months use.
The product is reasonable to be bought in its price range!

VI. Conclusion
There are a lot of brands for skin care that exist in our market today, and one of them is the Proactiv. The company produced  high standard products to answer the problems of their consumers, however, we all have different skin types... Some products might work for me, but not for you, that is why we need to keep on searching for the right skin care line that our skin can adapt


PS: I`m not paid by proactiv to write this. tsss.



-Allen

Feel free to contact me using my links located in the side bar if you have questions or concerns :).

Comments

  1. ProActiv products are a bit expensive :(
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t tried using a sunscreen in my face yet except those foundations that already have a sunscreen on it. Try cetaphil daylong, I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enhance your Android Phone`s Display w/ Bravia Engine

Stiev-A Tretinoin 0.1% cream review

MyPhone RIO: Hot or Not?