Little Tokyo Adventure

It`s already becoming a practice of our tropa to explore places every week. So one day while I`m checking out google kung saan kami pwede mag dine for our boys night out, I saw this review (sorry I forgot the link already) with the title "Little Tokyo" so I checked it out and nakita ko that the place is like a clone of Japan`s night market :O. I`m very excited to visit the place so I messaged my friends the link for them to check it out(they`re anime fans therefore they also love stuff about Japan :) ) after a few minutes, boom! We closed the deal! We`re going to TOWKYOWWWW! :D
So we agreed na after our internship didiretso na kami to Little Tokyo for dinner since it`s near us lang naman. Our cirque is full of adventurers, sobrang hilig namin gumala! Going there is a bit tricky even though given na step by step on how are we going to go there.

From Makati
1) Walk towards Park Square 1 and write the jeepney with the label "Libertad"
2) Ask the driver to drop you at Little Tokyo

Okay, once we landed nakita namin itong cute arc na ito with the name of the place "Little Tokyo" which means that we`re already 100% sure that we`re in Little Tokyo. :D



The first place that we got into is the Japanese grocery store (I forgot the name). Jed and I decided to check it out while waiting for Jace and Eco. Pagkapasok nyo sa store, these are the goods that you`ll see. Actually before we enter, I`m not expecting a lot of Japanese goods to be there but I`m really shocked that almost, if not all of the goods are really written in Hiragana w/c means that they`re really from Japan! and the good news is... the prices range from 80 - 200 php only for the common goods.






The store is actually divided into 2 parts, we tried to go deeper and discovered that they`re also selling frozen japanese goods.



When Eco and Jace finally called us, Jed and I looked for a good restaurant to dine in. Actually sobrang gutom na kami during that time because we really prepared for this one. We really want to have the taste of Little Tokyo!

I believe it took us almost half an hour to roam around and look for a restaurant so we decided to consult Google already. GF (Google Friend) told us to try Izakaya Kikufuji (yep. that`s the name of the restaurant). I`m really craving for Gyudon since last week and hindi ko alam bakit! So I have no choice! I ordered Gyudon during that night like no one can stop me! Hahaha!


The restaurant actually looks nice! Kamukhang kamukha sya ng usual japanese restaurants in Japan. You can really feel that you`re in a Japanese resto. unlike yung mga nasa malls na parang you can`t feel the Japanese aura kahit gaano kaganda yung interiors. I just have one negative thing to say, I really hate to see those cockroaches playing around while we were eating.

 

I`m going to admit that the first time that this bowl of Gyudon landed on our table I`m not really pleased. Sobrang simple lang ng plating niya for its price (Php.300-350) or siguro nasanay lang sa malls na they really invest more on the looks of the dish instead na sa taste. But when I took my first bite of this awesome food, holy sh*t! This is the best Gyudon na natikman ko! I love how everything worked together to achieve that taste! Actually I`m not eating vegetables pero dito I ignored it lang like it`s nothing because it`s very very delicious! They serve it with a very generous amount of meat and you`ll be surprised na there are noodles hiding under the meat pala! They really worked very well! All in all I must say that I`ll be coming back to Little Tokyo for this!

After the heavy meal, Jed invited us to try the shaved ice. Nakalagay kasi sa google na it`s a must try when you`re in Little Tokyo so we got one from (I forgot the restaurant name). They sell rice meals, liquors and takoyakis in the place too!



Little Tokyo looks like your usual Japanese night market at night. I can feel the sepanx (separation anxiety) when I was there pa nga. I can feel na nagbalik talaga ako ng Japan. It`s also a nice place to date your special someone or your friends!




All in all I must say that Little Tokyo is the place that you should visit if you want to have a taste of authentic Japanese food! The place is very accessible naman and it`s well known so for sure you`ll not be lost if pupunta kayo dito. The foods are a bit pricey tho. They`re not good for those people who`re saving money. You really need to get those bills out of your wallet when you`re deciding to go here! For as low as Php.500 you`ll be able to get yourself a good set of meal already. Bring your friends or special someone when you`re thinking of visiting the place. It`s a really nice place to hangout.

Share us your Little Tokyo experience!
Comment it down below!

Credits to my friend (Eco) Jerico Pulvera
Follow him on Instagram: @pulveraeco

Add me on Facebook: Click Me!
Follow me on Instagram: @allencarlanz

-Allen

Comments

  1. Thank you for joining Blogs Ng Pinoy! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs! The Top 5 highest rated will be displayed in the BLOGS OF FAME and will be featured weekly in our Facebook page ;)

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    Thank you,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enhance your Android Phone`s Display w/ Bravia Engine

Stiev-A Tretinoin 0.1% cream review

MyPhone RIO: Hot or Not?